Public bug reported:

I am running Liberty on RHEL 7.2. When I request via flavor any numa
related attributes, instance fails to launch as NUMA filter cannot find
host with requested resources available.

When I checked nova database, compute_nodes table, I noticed numa_topoly
has no information.

use nova;

Database changed
MariaDB [nova]> SELECT numa_topology FROM compute_nodes;
+---------------+
| numa_topology |
+---------------+
| NULL          |
+---------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

It supposed to return numa related information.

Here is the version of nova rpms I am running on this server:

openstack-nova-conductor-12.0.0-1.el7.noarch
python-novaclient-2.30.1-1.el7.noarch
openstack-nova-console-12.0.0-1.el7.noarch
openstack-nova-common-12.0.0-1.el7.noarch
openstack-nova-scheduler-12.0.0-1.el7.noarch
openstack-nova-compute-12.0.0-1.el7.noarch
python-nova-12.0.0-1.el7.noarch
openstack-nova-novncproxy-12.0.0-1.el7.noarch
openstack-nova-api-12.0.0-1.el7.noarch
openstack-nova-cert-12.0.0-1.el7.noarch

Please let me know what additional information required.

Thank you

Serguei

** Affects: nova

** Project changed: tripleo => nova

  numa_topology does not get populated for compute_nodes table