Public bug reported:

When I deploy openstack kilo on PPC64 little endian system,  vm template
xml generated by nova apply IDE bus for device type which is not
supported in ppc64 little endian.  I dig deep and find problems in
function get_disk_bus_for_device_type in file
nova/virt/libvirt/blockinfo.py.

When virt_type is in qemu or kvm and device_type is cdrom, virt_type is
determine by guestarch,  scsi for arch in (PPC, PPC64, S390, S390X)  and
IDE for other.  So  when guestarch is PPC64LE , then virt_type of IDE is
returned which is not support.

I add PPC64LE in arch for scsi and it does works.   The patch is
attached.

** Affects: nova

** Patch added: "patch to fix PPC64LE with unsupport IDE bus"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1523734/+attachment/4531212/+files/nova_blockinfo.patch

  IDE bus not supported for PPC64 little endian