It took some amount of time to debug this issue for Glance.
It turned out that both Glance and Swift support chunked requests.
Unfortunately, chunked uploading is not supported mod_fastcgi that is used by
RadosGW. It is very typical for Apache to response with 411 error because some
cgi (or wsgi) frameworks always require Content-length to be specified.
Request  with transfer-encoding=chunked is a part of Http spec so glance_store
prepares correct request here.
So I would recommend to deploy RadosGW under different CGI (for example
mod_proxy_fcgi) that supports chunked requests.
I will mark this as Invalid for Glance, please re-open the bug if you don't
agree.

** Changed in: glance
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Kairat Kushaev (kkushaev)

** Changed in: glance

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Glance.

  Glance failed to upload image to swift storage

Status in Glance:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  When glance configured with swift backend, and swift API provides via
  RadosGW is unable to upload image.

  Command:
  glance --debug image-create --name trusty_ext4 --disk-format raw
--container-format bare --file trusty-server-cloudimg-amd64.img --visibility
public --progress
  Logs:
  http://paste.openstack.org/show/479621/