It looks like this got fixed meanwhile. At [1] is the description:

    "Give each device a unique boot index starting from 0. To disable
    a device from booting, set the boot index to a negative value or
    use the default boot index value, which is None."

Which makes the bug report invalid. If you think this is wrong,
please reopen the report by setting it to "new" and provide details
about the issue.