commit db7fd539f261ea53f6c005478049424b9dae1543
Author: Matthew Booth <mbo...@redhat.com>
Date:   Fri Mar 4 18:34:21 2016 +0000

    libvirt: Fix resize of instance with deleted glance image

    finish_migration() in the libvirt driver was attempting to resize an
    image before checking that its backing file was present. This patch
    re-orders these 2 operations. In doing so, we also have to resolve an
    overloading of the 'disk_info' variable.

    Closes-Bug: #1546778

    Change-Id: I03e08fae97416ebe5cdedcf238a06d1b90203c5d

** Changed in: nova

  libvirt: resize with deleted backing image fails

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova) liberty series:

  Once the glance image from which an instance was spawned is deleted,
  resizes of that image fail if they would take place across more than
  one compute node. Migration and live block migration both succeed.

  Resize fails, I believe, because 'qemu-img resize' is called

(https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py#L7218-L7221)
  before the backing image has been transferred from the source compute
  node

(https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py#L7230-L7233).

  Replication requires two compute nodes. To replicate:

  1. Boot an instance from an image or snapshot.
  2. Delete the image from Glance.
  3. Resize the instance. It will fail with an error similar to:

  Stderr: u"qemu-img: Could not open '/var/lib/nova/instances/f77f1c5c-
  71f7-4645-afa1-dd30bacef874/disk': Could not open backing file: Could
  not open
  '/var/lib/nova/instances/_base/ca94b18d94077894f4ccbaafb1881a90225f1224':
  No such file or directory\n"