Public bug reported:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/283790/ introduced support for mtu=
argument for interface drivers. Sadly, it also broke out of tree
interface drivers. We can see it in the following Liberty unit test logs
when executed with the patch backported:

http://logs.openstack.org/82/305782/1/check/gate-neutron-
python27/a6c7e7d/testr_results.html.gz

ft53.2:
neutron.tests.unit.agent.linux.test_interface.TestMidonetInterfaceDriver.test_plug_StringException:
 Empty attachments:
  pythonlogging:''
  pythonlogging:'neutron.api.extensions'
  stderr
  stdout

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "neutron/tests/unit/agent/linux/test_interface.py", line 694, in
test_plug
    self.bridge, self.namespace)
  File "neutron/agent/linux/interface.py", line 253, in plug
    bridge, namespace, prefix, mtu)
TypeError: plug_new() takes at most 8 arguments (9 given)

We could catch the exception and retry without the parameter.

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: mitaka-backport-potential

** Changed in: neutron

** Changed in: neutron

** Changed in: neutron
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Ihar Hrachyshka (ihar-hrachyshka)

** Tags added: mitaka-backport-potential

  Interface drivers that don't support mtu= argument for plug_new() are
  broken

Status in neutron:
  In Progress

Bug description: