Re-opening this bug as still can be reproduce with master branch by
following below.

Master branch : April 19 commit 21a2dbc25d2eeeae43faf6c7e5ebd2e4f7fd2be2

1) Create network/subnet.
2) Create external network & subnet.
3) Create DVR HA router.
4) Set router gateway.
5) Attached router interface to above created tenant network.
6) Boot VM in the above created network and noticed that router namesapce is
not being created on the compute node.

Example:

neutron net-create n3
neutron subnet-create --name s3 n3 3.3.3.0/24
neutron router-create r3 --distributed True --ha True
neutron router-gateway-set r3 ext-net
neutron router-interface-add r3 s3
nova boot --image cirros-0.3.4-x86_64-uec --flavor 42 --nic
net-id=b8fa3205-16f2-4e5a-aaf5-c0ca15195771 vm3

VM is running:

stack@ctl1:/opt/stack/neutron$ nova list
+--------------------------------------+------+--------+------------+-------------+------------+
| ID                                   | Name | Status | Task State | Power
State | Networks   |
+--------------------------------------+------+--------+------------+-------------+------------+
| 6ab2d1ad-284c-429f-b68e-37ccb82039b9 | vm3  | ACTIVE | -          | Running
  | n3=3.3.3.5 |
+--------------------------------------+------+--------+------------+-------------+------------+

from compute node:
stack@cn:/opt/stack/neutron$ virsh list
 Id    Name                           State
 4     instance-00000006              running

stack@cn:/opt/stack/neutron$ ip netns
stack@cn:/opt/stack/neutron$

Workaround:
If we boot VM first and then add router's interface to tenant network then
router namespace is being created.

** Changed in: neutron

  compute nodes do not get dvrha router update from server

Status in neutron:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  branch: master (April 13th 2016):  commit
  2a305c563073a3066aac3f07aab3c895ec2cd2fb

  Topology:
  1 controller (neutronserver)
  3 network nodes (l3_agent in dvr_snat mode)
  2 compute nodes (l3_agent in dvr mode)

  behavior: when a dvr/ha router is created and a vm instantiated on the
  compute node, the l3_agent on the compute node does not instantiate a
  local router. (the qr-namespace along with all the interfaces).

  expected: when a dvr/ha router is created and a vm is instantiated on
  a compute node, the l3_agent running on that compute node should
  instantiate a local router.  The qr-router-id namespace along with all
  the appropriate interfaces should be present locally on the compute
  node. Similar in behavior to a dvr only router. (without ha).