[Expired for OpenStack Identity (keystone) because there has been no
activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: keystone

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Identity (keystone).

  fernet token validation is slow

Status in OpenStack Identity (keystone):
  Expired

Bug description:
  keystone token validation operations are much slower than uuid
  operations.  The performance is up to 4x slower which makes other
  openstack API calls slower too.

  Numbers from Dolph:

  Token validation performance

  Response time Requests per second
  UUID  18.8 ms (baseline)      256.7 (baseline)
  Fernet        93.8 ms (400% slower)   48.3 (81% slower)

  My numbers running on a basic setup running keystone in a VM without a load
balancer:

  Tokens per second (serial):
  UUID:  14.97
  Fernet: 3.66

  Tokens per second (concurrent 20 threads):
  UUID:   46.18
  Fernet: 12.92

  Our numbers are similarly bad in production and its impacting
  OpenStack performance when we're under load.