Public bug reported:

This is more or less a work tracking item.

As per our neutron-lib meeting [1] we want to:
- Create a hacking check to verify public APIs have py docstrings [2].
- Run it as part of our gate (likely pep8 target), but only warn, don't fail.
This output can then be used to retroactively cleanup missing docstrings prior
to lib release boundaries.

Note that one way to run checks in "warn only" mode is:
- Setup a command or new env that runs flake8 selecting the individual checks
to warn on, and then telling flake8 to return 0 exit code regardless. EX:
    flake8 --select N534 --exit-zero
- We could run this as a new command/target from our pep8 so the gate logs have
the warnings we can scan for + clean-up.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/networking_lib/2016/networking_lib.2016-07-20-17.30.log.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/340580/

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: lib

** Changed in: neutron
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Boden R (boden)

  neutron-lib docstring optional hacking check