Public bug reported:

VHDX is the newer version of VHD:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831446(v=ws.11).aspx

It removes VHD's 2 TB disk size limit (amoung other things).

There's no reason we shouldn't support it as a default disk format.

** Affects: glance

** Changed in: glance
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Stuart McLaren (stuart-mclaren)

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Glance.

  Add 'vhdx' disk format support

Status in Glance:
  In Progress

Bug description: