commit 5663196c9c30f13a61a44ac7bfd625379d3165f4
Author: Darren White <darren.whi...@hpe.com>
Date:   Tue Aug 23 14:56:31 2016 +0100

    Image signature base64 don't wrap lines

    In the image signature documentation, base64 should not use line
    wrapping (defaults to 76). Disable using -w 0. With line wrapping
    enabled Nova will fail to boot the image.

    Added a note to inform users to use -w 0 with Glance v1 but is
    optional for v2.

    DocImpact

    Closes-Bug: 1617258
    Change-Id: I3585c5cc90e6ea738ff7ecb5a5574cbb0e737511

** Changed in: glance

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Glance.

  Nova fails to boot signed image

Status in Glance:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Description
  ===========
  Nova fails to boot an image which has been signed (using glance image-create)
which uses a base64 image signature. By default base64 uses linewrapping after
76 characters. Disabling line wrapping with -w 0 should solve the issue by I'm
sure there are alternatives.

  Steps to reproduce
  ==================
  Following these instructions to create a signed image:

  https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/master/doc/source/signature.rst

  But using base64 without -w 0.

  Booting the image that was created using 'nova boot' the image used
  will be the one just created and the flavor used is m1.tiny.

  Expected result
  ===============
  Booting the signed image should be successful.

  Actual result
  =============
  Booting the signed image fails.

  Environment
  This is using the mitaka branch.

  Logs & Configs
  Here is the output:

  ERROR (ClientException): Unexpected API Error. Please report this at
http://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/ and attach the Nova API log if possible.
  <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> (HTTP 500) (Request-ID:
req-337f86d3-697b-40a1-ac77-0cd5211ad4ad)

  I tried uploading the Nova API log but it just gives a timeout error.