Hi,

I've set this to 'wishlist' as I'm pretty sure it is fixed in 16.04,
with systemd units.  The issue is probably still present in upstart.

I'm open to patches for this, and if it affects 16.04, please take out
of fix-released and comment.

Thanks for filing the bug.

** Also affects: cloud-init (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: cloud-init

** Changed in: cloud-init

** Changed in: cloud-init (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: cloud-init (Ubuntu)

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  cloud-init runs in single user mode

Status in cloud-init:
  Confirmed
Status in cloud-init package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  When I choose single user mode by editing the boot params and adding
  single, I would expect cloud-init and all the other cloud* services to
  see that fact and not run.

  I consider this a bug.

  Is there a work-around to make it not run.