commit b1ec8d523d4c45616dd71016f7e218b4b732c2ee
Author: John Schwarz <jschw...@redhat.com>
Date:   Fri Aug 19 15:17:21 2016 +0100

    Add binding_index to RouterL3AgentBinding

    The patch proposes adding a new binding_index to the
    RouterL3AgentBinding table, with an additional Unique Constraint that
    enforces a single <router_id, binding_id> per router. This goes a long
    way into fixing 2 issues:

    1. When scheduling a non-HA router, we only use binding_index=1. This
       means that only a single row containing that router_id can be
       committed into the database. This in fact prevents over-scheduling of
       non-HA routers. Note that for the HA router case, the binding_index
       is simply copied from the L3HARouterAgentPortBinding (since they are
       always created together they should always match).

    2. This sets the ground-work for a refactor of the l3 scheduler - by
       using this binding and db-based limitation, we can schedule a router
       to agents using the RouterL3AgentBinding, while postponing the
       creation of L3HARouterAgentPortBinding objects for the agents until
       they ask for it (using sync_routers). This will be a major
       improvement over todays "everything can create
       L3HARouterAgentPortBinding" way of things).

    Closes-Bug: #1535557
    Change-Id: I3447ea5bcb7c57365c6f50efe12a1671e86588b3

** Changed in: neutron

  Multiple l3 agents are scheduled to host one newly created router if
  multiple interfaces are added at the same time

Status in neutron:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  I have three all-in-one controller nodes deployed by DevStack with the
  latest codes. Neutron servers on these controllers are set behind
  Pacemaker and HAProxy to realize active/active HA. MariaDB Galera
  cluster is used as my database backend.

  In neutron.conf, I have made the following changes:
  router_scheduler_driver = neutron.scheduler.l3_agent_scheduler.ChanceScheduler

  When we add interfaces of multiple subnets to a newly created router,
  we might end up with more than one l3 agents hosting this router. This
  bug is not easy to reproduce. You may need to repeat the following
  steps several times.

  How to reproduce:

  Prerequisite
  make the following changes in neutron.conf
  [DEFAULT]
  router_scheduler_driver = neutron.scheduler.l3_agent_scheduler.ChanceScheduler

  Step 0: Confirm multiple l3 agents are running
  $ neutron agent-list --agent_type='L3 agent'
  my result is shown http://paste.openstack.org/show/483963/

  Step 1: Create two networks
  $ neutron net-create net-l3agent-test-1
  $ neutron net-create net-l3agent-test-2

  Step 2: Add one subnet to each of the two networks
  $ neutron subnet-create --name subnet-l3agent-test-1 net-l3agent-test-1
192.168.11.0/24
  $ neutron subnet-create --name subnet-l3agent-test-2 net-l3agent-test-2
192.168.12.0/24

  Step 3: Create a router
  $ neutron router-create router-l3agent-test

  Step 4: Add the two subnets as the router's interfaces immediately after
creating the router at the same time
  On controller1:
  $ neutron router-interface-add router-l3agent-test subnet-l3agent-test-1
  On controller2:
  $ neutron router-interface-add router-l3agent-test subnet-l3agent-test-2

  Step 5: Check which l3 agent(s) is/are hosting the router
  $ neutron l3-agent-list-hosting-router router-l3agent-test
  my result is shown http://paste.openstack.org/show/483962/

  If you end up with only one l3 agent, please proceed as follows
  Step 6: Clear interfaces on the router
  $ neutron router-interface-delete router-l3agent-test subnet-l3agent-test-1
  $ neutron router-interface-delete router-l3agent-test subnet-l3agent-test-2

  Step 7: Delete the router
  $ neutron router-delete router-l3agent-test