commit c99165d2666e2296f6bd4da8a64f214756d13d3e
Author: ricolin <ric...@inwinstack.com>
Date:   Mon Sep 5 16:35:01 2016 +0800

    Pre-validate cinder quotas with the real fact

    This patch aim to provide some validation to OS::Cinder::Quotas
    to check if we accept those quotas base on the real fact we have.
    For example, if we have 100 volumes and we set quota `volumes` to 1.
    That quota will be pointless (event if can prevent further creation of
    volume). With management consideration, this patch add validation before
    actually set quota in cinder.
    Closes-Bug: #1620226

    Change-Id: Ib717c78cd4a220e00ff28fb24d5a8375aa19eb1b

** Changed in: heat

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).

  Wrong cinder quota value been accepted

Status in heat:
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):

  While testing cinder quota in heat resource,
  find out we have accept wrong quota value and added it to cinder.
  For example, if we already have 2 volumes in project, we then update quota to
accept 1 volume.
  That means quotas will not consider the real fact in heat (and to limit the
real fact should be the only good quota provided).
  Consider that horizon already precheck this kind of mistake, we should add
check to prevent that.

  On further test with horizon, also find out that horizon should not
  use only total volumes size to validate gigabytes quota. Gigabytes
  refer to total size of volumes and snapshots. That's what cinder react
  as well(if you set gigabytes equal to total volumes size, it will
  raise error when creating snapshots).