commit ecdf75163527736728e0816ed3ab8e68e0f47b97
Author: Armando Migliaccio <arma...@gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Sep 16 15:38:40 2016 -0700

    Change the prefix for trunk subports device_owner

    The choice was poorly made as the 'network:' prefix is used extensively
    in the codebase to identify ports created by the platform itself. Subports
    instead are user created.

    Closes-bug: 1624570

    Change-Id: Ie792a154a6946d0acd5bed322363319e241b1ae7

** Changed in: neutron

  qos rules are not applied to trunk subports

Status in neutron:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Change [1], introduced a device_owner for trunk sub-ports. However, it
  was overlooked that device_owner is used by QoS to determine whether
  to process the port and apply QoS rules [2,3,4].

  Right now there is not active coverage that ensures that QoS and Trunk
  are indeed compatible but as we stand right now, they clearly cannot
  as the code forbids applying rules to anything whose device_owner
  starts with 'network:' or 'neutron:'.

  We need to figure out a way to solve the conundrum.

  [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/368289/
  [2]
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/objects/qos/rule.py#L84