Author: Oleg Bondarev <obonda...@mirantis.com>
Date: Wed Sep 21 10:36:05 2016 +0300
Do not retry default security group creation
No need to retry creation of a default security group - it will
always fail with DBDuplicate.
The patch opens a transaction before calling to create_security_group()
when creating default security group, thus avoiding db retries.
** Changed in: neutron
Status: In Progress => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Yahoo!
Engineering Team, which is subscribed to neutron.
Concurrent security groups creation fails with DBDuplicateEntry
Status in neutron:
- create_security_group() is wrapped with a db retry decorator
- it calls _ensure_default_security_group() to create a default security
group for a tenant if one does not exist
- _ensure_default_security_group() in turn calls back to
create_security_group() to create a default security group
- due to concurrency the creation of default security group my fail with
- this is retried for max attempts and the request eventually fails
Example of failed job in rally:
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~yahoo-eng-team
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~yahoo-eng-team
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp