Actually - I accidentally opened this up for Newton. I just realized
that we'll be rolling another RC.

** Also affects: keystone/newton

** Changed in: keystone/newton

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Identity (keystone).

  KeyError: 'is_domain' during mitaka -> newton rolling upgrade

Status in OpenStack Identity (keystone):
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Identity (keystone) newton series:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I have 3 Controller nodes running HA active/active mode. Using Mysql-server
as shared database.
  After upgrade Controller1, I start it to handle the request to make the
system no downtime.
  But when a request is handling by Controller1, an error happended: "There is
either no auth token in the request or the certificate issuer is not trusted.
No auth context will be set". Keystone raise that: KeyError: 'is_domain'

  How to reproduce:
  Follow this guide:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/upgrading.html#upgrading-without-downtime

  # Controller1
  $ sudo service apache2 stop

  $ cd /opt/stack/keystone/
  $ git checkout remotes/origin/stable/newton
  $ git checkout -b stable/newton remotes/origin/stable/newton
  $ sudo pip install -r requirements.txt --upgrade

  $ keystone-manage doctor
  $ keystone-manage db_sync --expand
  $ keystone-manage db_sync --migrate
  $ sudo python setup.py install
  $ sudo service apache2 start

  # Controller2 or any openstack clients
  $ for i in {1..10}; do openstack neutron network list; done
  503 Service Unavailable
  The server is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time

  Full log in kestone here: http://paste.openstack.org/show/584107/

  After I upgraded all 3 Controller nodes follow the same above steps
  except upgrading db, the error never occurs again.

  At step 9 in the guideline: "Upgrade all keystone nodes to the next release,
and restart them one at a time..."
  I think we will have downtime in this process. So I tried to upgrade
controller1 first, then make it online to ensure that the system have not
downtime.