Submitter: Jenkins
Branch:    master

commit 070ee35b9c580904829c6c205163485edd0f4a43
Author: Omer Anson <>
Date:   Wed Sep 28 11:17:55 2016 +0300

    Allow to override Idl class in OVSDB Connection
    Add an option to neutron.agent.ovsdb.native.connection.Connection to
    override the Idl class that is created to communicate with OVSDB.
    This is a feature that would help in Dragonflow[1], where the notify
    method should be overriden before start() is called, in order to receive
    all events in real-time, and not retroactively.
    Change-Id: I49da05f02a00352b1b1db863d244e97f9c148804
    Closes-Bug: 1627615

** Changed in: neutron

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to neutron.

  Cannot override IDL class in OVSDB connection class

Status in neutron:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  The current ovsdb connection class
  (neutron.agent.ovsdb.native.connection.Connection) creates an instance
  of idl.Idl, but does not allow the client of the library to select a
  different library (e.g. a class overriding idl.Idl). Clients wanting
  to do this have to re-implement the entire start method, which
  contains a lot of unrelated logic.

  This is a feature that would assist us in Dragonflow[1], where we want
  to override the notify method and get OVSDB events, and have this
  method overriden at the moment of connection (and not in retrospect).

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :