I just realized I never linked the patch to this bug.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/374434/

** Changed in: neutron

** Changed in: openstack-manuals

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to neutron.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1580780

Title:
      Associate subnets to segments through subnet API

Status in neutron:
  Invalid
Status in openstack-manuals:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  https://review.openstack.org/288774
  Dear bug triager. This bug was created since a commit was marked with
DOCIMPACT.
  Your project "openstack/neutron" is set up so that we directly report the
documentation bugs against it. If this needs changing, the docimpact-group
option needs to be added for the project. You can ask the OpenStack infra team
(#openstack-infra on freenode) for help if you need to.

  commit f494de47fcef7776f7d29d5ceb2cc4db96bd1efd