We ended up fixing this with node tagging in ironic and a special
version of the ComputeCapabilities filter, so marking this fix released

** Changed in: tripleo
     Assignee: Devananda van der Veen (devananda) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: tripleo

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Compute (nova).

  No exact match of nodes with flavors

Status in Ironic:
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Fix Released
Status in tripleo:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Seems like we are not doing exact match and we never did.

  Confirmed with Lucas Gomes that it's not in Ironic nor Nova BM.

  Right now we are using default nova filters that takes => resources
  with RamWeight=1.

  We probably need to write new filters that will implement exact match
  and list them in nova.conf of nova image-element.

  filters docs