commit 46ba1aa762737daee26e35a45eaa87e3a427521a
Author: Jamie Lennox <jamielen...@gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Oct 14 13:14:05 2016 +1100

    Only emit deprecation warning when deprecated value read

    If providers is not found in the CONF.service_providers.service_provider
    it looks them up from implicit conf files. If nothing is defined there
    it still emits a deprecation warning.

    Maybe a warning should be emitted if this value is empty, however the
    deprecation warning that is provided is incorrect and misleading.

    Change-Id: I3166a445b69d854b294843814a081e74c1aadb3b
    Closes-Bug: #1633293

** Changed in: neutron

  Deprecation warning when service_providers empty

Status in neutron:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  When fetching the service_providers the code looks like [1]. So if the
cfg.CONF.service_providers.service_provider field is empty we will always get a
deprecation warning even if there is nothing actually configured in the
neutron_*.conf files.
  In the event that you have CONF.fatal_deprecations on this halts the program.

  I'm still going through to see what this value should be, but even if
  it's an empty list it shouldn't fail with an incorrect deprecation
  warning.

  [1]

https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/1628fb72f8fbac15110713530728a03e8e4bd0f5/neutron/services/provider_configuration.py#L112-L122