** Also affects: cloud-init (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: cloud-init (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: cloud-init (Ubuntu Yakkety)

** Also affects: cloud-init (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: cloud-init (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: cloud-init (Ubuntu Yakkety)

** Changed in: cloud-init (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: cloud-init (Ubuntu Yakkety)

** Changed in: cloud-init (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: cloud-init (Ubuntu Xenial)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Scott Moser (smoser)

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1460715

Title:
  MBR disk setup fails because sfdisk no longer accepts M as a valid
  unit

Status in cloud-init:
  Fix Committed
Status in cloud-init package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in cloud-init source package in Xenial:
  In Progress
Status in cloud-init source package in Yakkety:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Specifically, we get the following output in
  cc_disk_setup.exec_mkpart_mbr:

  sfdisk: --Linux option is unnecessary and deprecated
  sfdisk: unsupported unit 'M'

  and the manpage says:

         -u, --unit S
                Deprecated option.  Only the sector unit is supported.

  So we'll need to shift to using sectors.

  Related bugs:
   * bug 1642383: Unable to configure swap space on ephemeral disk in Azure