Solved by using Ubuntu images

** Changed in: neutron

  no 8021q support

Status in CirrOS:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Apologies if this is not the right place for a feature request.

  In OpenStack Neutron we are developing a feature for to allow VMs to
  send tagged VLANs and we would like end-to-end testing support for it
  (all of which is currently based on cirros). However, Cirros doesn't
  appear to support creating VLAN interfaces:

  $ sudo ip link add link eth0 name eth0.99 type vlan id 99
  ip: RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported

  Is it possible to have the 8021q kernel module loaded into cirros, or would
that require too much space?

  Thanks