The issue is with the database schema we were using. We used float to
store the values, this is where it was getting messed up. Using 'int' or
'double' solves this.

Please ignore this defect.

** Changed in: nova

  Nova quotas update for large values erroneous

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Invalid

Bug description:
  When we update nova related quota values with larger values, the
  updated value is not what we expected.

  For example,
  1. If we try to update virtual machines quota to 2147483647, the vm quota
gets updated to 2147480000.
  2. If we try to update virtual machines quota to 2147479 or 2147481, the vm
quota gets updated to 2147480.
  3. Similar to above examples there are several values in that range where the
update behaves not as expected.