Fixed inside pylint and updated our version of pylint to grab fix:
https://git.launchpad.net/cloud-init/commit/?id=9c33cb24b8a834aa8034db4c989725901a0814c6

Pylint fix:
https://github.com/PyCQA/pylint/issues/1444

** Changed in: cloud-init

** Changed in: cloud-init

** Bug watch added: github.com/PyCQA/pylint/issues #1444
   https://github.com/PyCQA/pylint/issues/1444

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  pylint: cloudinit.util 'closing' has no 'read' member

Status in cloud-init:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Tip style checker [1] discovered the following errors, but I believe
  this is a false positive:

  ************* Module cloudinit.util
  cloudinit/util.py:480: [E1101(no-member), decomp_gzip] Instance of 'closing'
has no 'read' member
  cloudinit/util.py:482: [E1101(no-member), decomp_gzip] Instance of 'closing'
has no 'read' member

  Offending code [2] and upstream bug filed [3]

  [1] https://paste.ubuntu.com/24448453/
  [2] https://paste.ubuntu.com/24448487/
  [3] https://github.com/PyCQA/pylint/issues/1444