Public bug reported:

In an attempt to fix a different bug [1] where a later try to detach a
volume failed if the guest was busy and ignored the request to detach
from the live domain, a new bug was introduced where a later try to
detach a volume silently passes even though the device is still attached
to the live domain.

This bug is serious because now it's possible for a volume to be
attached to two live domains and data corruption can occur. We should be
trying to detach from the live domain even if we had already detached
from the persistent domain in the past.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1633236

** Affects: nova

** Tags: libvirt volumes

  detach_device_with_retry doesn't detach from live domain if persistent
  domain was already detached in the past