The reported issue cannot be reproduced in the master branch (queens).
The volume table filter now uses the server-side filtering which means
the cinder API does filtering, so I guess it works. This is one of the
right approaches.

As discussed in the proposed review, we agreed that it is not a good
idea to add a workaround in the yesno filter itself. Instead, we should
fix a problem in the API layer of Cinder (which is best), the API
wrapper in horizon or the JS REST API layer.

>From the above, yesno filter should not be touched, so Won't Fix.

** Changed in: horizon
    Milestone: next => None

** Changed in: horizon
     Assignee: Hiroyuki Eguchi (h-eguchi) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: horizon

** Changed in: horizon

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).

  A yesno filter should consider string

Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):
  Invalid

Bug description:
  A yesno filter should consider string

  For instance, a bootable item in cinder volume
  can be string "true" or string "false".

  So, a yesno filter returns "Yes" if value of bootable is string
  "false".

  There is a possibility of same case in other item.

  By all rights, we should change the type from string to boolean.
  However, It would be better for us to consider a string data type in yesno
filter.