Can not reproduce this issue in Horizon anymore so I think it's been
fixed by the glance patch.

** Changed in: horizon

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Glance.

  Image filtering does not work for "protected" property

Status in Glance:
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):
  Invalid

Bug description:
  NOTE(rosmaita): this is actually a feature request.  As it will impact
  the API (even slightly), it requires a spec because there's some
  question about how it should behave when values that don't make sense
  as a boolean are provided in a query string.  The discussion is taking
  place on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/451560/

  NOTE(makowals): Sorry, but I cannot agree, at least from Horizon
  perspective it's a bug. The filtering functionality (entry in a
  droplist) exists but does not work as expected and just confuses our
  users. If the feature does not exists in Glance it should be then
  removed from Horizon completely before implemented in Glance, but
  definitely not be exposed and point to something returning wrong
  result.

  When trying to filter images by "Protected: yes", it always shows
  result of the filter "Protected: no", making it impossible to show
  only images which are protected.