** Also affects: cloud-init

** Changed in: maas

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  [2.3, UI] IP address not listed while hardware testing

Status in cloud-init:
  New
Status in MAAS:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  I started commissioning+hardware testing on a machine, and while the
  machine was testing (for 2hrs+) i noticed that the IP address had
  disappeared. The machine has the MAC of  00:25:90:4c:e7:9e and IP of
  192.168.0.211 from the dynamic range.

  Checking the MAAS server, I noticed that the IP/MAC was in the ARP
  table:

  andreserl@maas:/var/lib/maas/dhcp$ arp -a | grep 211
  192-168-9-211.maas (192.168.9.211) at 00:25:90:4c:e7:9e [ether] on bond-lan

  Checking the leases file has the following:
  http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/25969442/

  Then I checked a couple areas of MAAS:
   - Device discovery, the machine wasn't there.
   - Subnet details page, the machine wasn't there (e.g. as observed)