** Changed in: neutron

  [RFE] Allow specifying dns_domain when creating a port

Status in neutron:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  When creating a port, allow specifying a dns_domain instead of
  inheriting dns_domain from the network.

  In our enterprise we do not tie DNS domains to networks - we use the
  DNS domain of a VM port to indicate the business unit or the
  infrastructure function of a VM.  Thus our data center networks
  routinely have VM ports with a variety of DNS domains, with the choice
  of DNS domain left to the person deploying the VM instance.

  To carry this practice into OpenStack, we will extend our data center
  network into OpenStack using a provider network, and we need the
  ability to create ports on that network with various dns_names
  furnished by the VM creator.