[Expired for neutron because there has been no activity for 60 days.]
** Changed in: neutron
Status: Incomplete => Expired
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Yahoo!
Engineering Team, which is subscribed to neutron.
[RFE] Implement Gluon as Neutron Service Plugin
Status in neutron:
(1) Refactor current Gluon code to fit into a Neutron Service Plugin
* Refactor API generator
* Refactor database to reuse Neutron's database - this means that the
tables are added to the Neutron DB space as service plugins would do,
potentially with relationship to Neutron's own objects, but would still come
from our API description
(2) Two additional tasks that are also related to Neutron - optional for the
* optional "network" in Neutron, i.e. when creating a port, it doesn't need
to attach to a network
* new "network type" attribute
(3) Coding to experiment it
(4) Open questions:
* Do we keep current "gluon" repo or create a new repo e.g.
- Assume we go "networking-gluon" route for Gluon 2.x (Neutron Service
Plugin), and keep "gluon" repo for Gluon 1.x (Extended ML2 Plugin).
* Implement it as "Service Plugin" generator, or just a "Service Plugin"?
- subject to initial experiment
- preference is to make 'gluon' a library for implementing service
plugins. The question is how to get a service plugin to require an API file
and minimal extra code when implemented on the gluon framework.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~yahoo-eng-team
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~yahoo-eng-team
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp