Public bug reported:

Description
===========

Currently we have a large number of rows in our nova databases, which
will greatly benefit from `nova-manage archive_deleted_rows` (thanks!).
What we would like to do is to archive all deleted records before a
certain time (say >1 year ago). This will allow us to continue running
reports on newly deleted instances, and allow `nova list --deleted` to
work (up to a certain period).

Reading the code, however, reveals that there is no ability to do that.
Currently, it has a --max-rows, but there are certain shortcomings with
this option

1) related records are archived inconsistently. Due to foreign keys, it
has to archive fk tables first. It will take up to `--max-rows` from the
first table it encounters, working its way through all tables eventually
reaching `instances` table last. What this means, is that instances is
always archived last. An instance might have all of it's information in
fk tables archived before itself is.

2) there is no ability to keep records up to certain timerange ago.

We are working on an in-house patch to achieve this. If this is of use
to the community I'd be happy to work on this to be included upstream.

Environment
We are running Newton Nova

** Affects: nova

  nova-manage archive_deleted_rows date limit

  Description