It would be great if this feature can be added to dashboard.

Asking the users to install python-glanceclient or python-
openstackclient in order to share an image or snapshot makes for a poor
user experience.

Thank you.

** Changed in: horizon

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).

  Glance can't share images via Horizon dashboard but can show shared
  images.

Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Glance have functions for share uploaded images with other tenants.
  But this functional is unavailable via Horizon Dashboard.

  in Project > Compute > Images we can see category named 'Shared with
  me', but user can't share image.

  From CLI this work correctly.

  Steps:
  1. Deploy OS with Horizon Dashboard
  2. Upload an image to Glance from admin tenant and don't set Public = True in
image options.
  3. SSH to controller node, use . openrc.
  4. Execute `glance member-create` to share image with other non-admin tenant.
  5. Log into Horizon as user, which we shared an image.
  6. Navigate to Project> Compute > Images

  Actual result:
  Image, which shared with this tenant was appeared in category 'Shared With Me'