commit 715a3cadb07fb92cc11542cfb5001844122b6f60
Author: melanie witt <melwi...@gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Feb 9 19:43:30 2018 +0000

    Save admin password to sysmeta in libvirt driver

    We have an API for setting the admin password for an already created
    instance and we have a metadata API for retrieving the encrypted
    password. In the libvirt driver, when a request to set the admin
    password is received, it is indeed set in the guest but the instance
    system metadata is never updated with the encrypted password, so
    attempts to retrieve the password via the metadata service API result
    in an empty string returned instead of the encrypted password.

    This has been broken in the libvirt driver since the set admin password
    password feature was added, as far as I can tell. The xen api driver,
    however, handles the same thing correctly and this adds similar logic
    to the libvirt driver to fix the problem.

    Closes-Bug: #1748544

    Change-Id: Icf44c4c94529cb75232abe1f3ecc5a4d3646b0cc

** Changed in: nova

  set_admin_password in the libvirt driver does not save the password in
  system metadata

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova) pike series:
  Confirmed
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova) queens series:
  Confirmed

Bug description: