commit 7326717d36d31e2cc383b535a4af06f0dae9e56d
Author: Terry Wilson <twil...@redhat.com>
Date:   Wed Apr 18 15:57:18 2018 -0500

    Make OVSDB debug logging optional

    OVSDB debug messages are very chatty and make log files much bigger
    without a lot of benefit 99.9% of the time. If there is ever a need
    for them because we are having a *really* weird OVSDB issue, then
    we can configure the jobs to turn them back on.

    Change-Id: I1d1e5e312509022084bcb651968bb9543ff61ba4
    Closes-Bug: #1687065

** Changed in: neutron

  functional tests are filled with POLLIN messages from ovs even when
  it's not using ovs itself

Status in neutron:
  Fix Released
Status in ovsdbapp:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Example: http://logs.openstack.org/27/451527/5/check/gate-neutron-
  dsvm-functional-ubuntu-xenial/da67f5f/logs/dsvm-functional-

logs/neutron.tests.functional.agent.linux.test_linuxbridge_arp_protect.LinuxBridgeARPSpoofTestCase.test_arp_protection_update.txt.gz

  This test has nothing to do with ovs, but still, it's trashed with
  POLLIN messages. Probably because some previous test case in the
  worker initialized ovslib and got a logging thread spinned up.

  Ideally, we would not have the thread running in non-ovs scope,
  meaning we would need some way to kill/disable it when not needed.
  Maybe a fixture in ovsdbapp for that matter (or ovs lib itself) that
  would restore the state to pre-init could help. Then we could use the
  fixture in our base test classes.