Public bug reported:

This report is based on the Bandit scanner results and code review.

1)
On
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/virt/powervm/media.py?h=refs/heads/master#n44

43 _VOPT_SIZE_GB = 1
44 _VOPT_TMPDIR = '/tmp/cfgdrv/'
45

We have hardcoded tmp dir that could be cleaned up after compute node reboot.
As mentioned in todo it might be good to use conf option.

2)
On
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/virt/powervm/media.py?h=refs/heads/master#n116
Predictable file name based on a user input is used:
116        file_name = pvm_util.sanitize_file_name_for_api(
117            instance.name, prefix='cfg_', suffix='.iso',
118            max_len=pvm_const.MaxLen.VOPT_NAME)
Probably we could use instance.uuid for that.

** Affects: nova

  PowerVM config drive path is not secure