[Expired for neutron because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: neutron

  Unable to ssh/ping IP assigned to VM deployed on flat network

Status in neutron:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I have created a base VM (to install rdo queens) with RHEL 7.4 OS, 16
  GB RAM, 8 CPU,200 GB HDD, virtualization enabled.

  I have installed RDO queens (all-in-one topology) using command below :
  nohup packstack --allinone --provision-demo=n
--os-neutron-ovs-bridge-mappings=extnet:br-ex
--os-neutron-ovs-bridge-interfaces=br-ex:ens192
--os-neutron-ml2-type-drivers=vxlan,flat,vlan
--os-neutron-ml2-flat-networks=extnet --os-heat-install=y
--keystone-admin-passwd=openstack1 &

  I wanted to configure flat network on this setup.So did below changes
  in ml2_conf.ini

  type_drivers = flat,vlan
  flat_networks = extnet

  changes in openvswitch_agent.ini :
  integration_bridge=br-int
  tenant_network_type = flat,vlan
  network_vlan_ranges = extnet
  enable_tunneling = True
  bridge_mappings = extent:br-ex
  physical_interface_mappings = extnet:br-ex

  Created security groups to allow ping/ssh to deployed instances:
  neutron security-group-rule-create --direction ingress --ethertype IPv4
--protocol tcp --port-range-min 22 --port-range-max 22 defualt

  neutron security-group-rule-create --direction ingress --ethertype
  IPv4 --protocol icmp default

  Created external n/w :
  neutron net-create external --router:external=True --shared
--provider:network_type=flat --provider:physical_network=extnet

  neutron subnet-create --name ext-subnet external 172.16.82.0/24
  --allocation-pool start=172.16.82.30,end=172.16.82.35 (dhcp=enabled)

  Deployed a cirros image on above created external n/w as admin user in
  default domain. I also made sure that security group rules created for
  tcp/icmp are applied while deployment.

  Note that : ifconfig command inside the deployed cirros instance
  displayed the IP from the allocation pool but IP can not ping the
  gateway, it can only ping the controller. I can not ping/ssh the IP
  assigned to deployed cirros instance from my machine.

  Note : If I disable the dhcp in subnet, ifconfig command does not
  display the IP for deployed instance.