Public bug reported:

I tried to do an image import with the web-download method, but I put
the wrong URI. In the glance logs I have:

HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

The associated task is in failure. But my image isn't:

$ openstack image show b631db79-e542-4c62-86f3-39bf50fec22
status           | importing

It'd be good if the status was synced correctly.

** Affects: glance

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Glance.

  Failure in web-dowload doesn't put the image into error

Status in Glance: