Public bug reported:

What's the reason of disabling ability of using custom identity drivers in
domain configs? The feature was removed in Pike release. As I understand, the
only way to use them is copy source code to keystone.identity namespace. Could
you suggest any other ways or workarounds for using custom specific code for
identity drivers?
Example case - handle LDAP errors like password expiration in case of using
ppolicy features in OpenLDAP (like password expire warning, login attempts
warning, etc.)

** Affects: keystone

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Identity (keystone).

  unable to load custom identity domain drivers

Status in OpenStack Identity (keystone):