Public bug reported:

Currentlly, Neutron FIP just support NAT v4 to v4. But the ipv6 is the
future, we must face it sooner or later.

I check the old related RFE and BPs[1], seems many customers or
developers want it.

In our country, goverment push to use ipv6 internally, so we can quickly
move from internal ipv4 network to ipv6 network. But the infrastructure
can't keep up with the ipv6 transition, so maybe the external(public) ip
address is still ipv4. So for NAT64, we want internal ipv4 nat to
extenal ipv6, and internal ipv6 nat to extenal ipv4(eventhough this is a
not valid case in theory, but this is a real issue need to be
considered.)

Also we found the midonet already support more NAT cases, including part
of above mentioned, so we need a standard one in Neutron can fix the
issue.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1614477
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1787792
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1774463