Public bug reported:

We default the number of api workers to the number of cores. At
approximately 2GB per neutron-server, sometimes that's more RAM than is
available, and the OOM killer comes out.

We default the number of rpc workers to 1, which seems to fall behind on
all but the smallest deployments.

** Affects: neutron

  api and rpc worker defaults are problematic

Status in neutron:
  In Progress

Bug description: