** Also affects: cloud-init

** Changed in: cloud-init

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  VMware: post custom script isn't run correctly

Status in cloud-init:
  Fix Released
Status in cloud-init package in Ubuntu:

  In DataSouceOVF.py, it could launch the user defined script before the
  customization and after the customization. In current design, the post
  customization script is added as the rc.local service and launched
  after the VM reboot. But actually the cloud-init doesn't need to
  reboot the VM, so the post customization script is not launched as we
  expected. We need to leverage the cc_scripts_per_instance module and
  let it to trigger the post customization script.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
  Package: evince (not installed)
  Uname: Linux 4.4.0-21-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.18
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Tue Jun 18 08:58:04 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160420.3)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=linux
   PATH=(custom, no user)