Public bug reported:

Dear Team,

Could you make it possible to use instance-data variables in the
/etc/cloud/templates/* files like hosts.*.tmpl files?

I've tried to add a line like this:
{{ ds.meta_data.local_ipv4 }} {{fqdn}} {{hostname}}

but it's not working.

I'm using a custom openstack fork.
I'm not attaching logs, because it's not a bug, more like a feature-request.

Of course, cloud-init is great and I can do it with runcmd easily.

Thank you!
Andras

** Affects: cloud-init

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  instance-data in templates

Status in cloud-init: