Due to lack of any activity in this RFE since more than 1 year, I'm
going to close it for now. If You would be still interested in
implementing this and would like to continue discussion on that, feel
free to reopen it and ping me (slaweq) on irc.

** Changed in: neutron

  [RFE]Support filter by attribute with null value

Status in neutron:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  Right now, it seems it is impossible to list resources with a filter
  that contains null value. For example, it is impossible to list
  subnets that doesn't have subnetpool. I tried the following, but it
  doesn't seem to work (it returned an empty list instead of the
  filtered list).

    GET "/subnets?subnetpool_id=null"

  IMHO, we can consider to add support for that.