commit 1e907602e37fb55bbe5a20164db6d074f87369af
Author: Eric Fried <openst...@fried.cc>
Date:   Thu Sep 26 16:52:12 2019 -0500

    Allow versioned discovery unauthenticated

    Make routes to the versioned discovery documents (/v2, /v2.1) go through
    paste pipelines that don't require authentication, while leaving their
    sub-URLs (/v2.1/servers etc) requiring authentication.

    To make this work, our URLMap matcher gets support for a very
    rudimentary wildcard syntax, whereby api-paste.ini can differentiate
    between {/v2.1, /v2.1/} and /v2.1/$anything_else. The former points to
    the unauthenticated discovery app pipeline; the latter points to the
    existing "real API" pipeline. Similar for legacy v2.

    This entails a slight behavior change: requests to /v2 and /v2.1 used to
    302 redirect to /v2/ and /v2.1/, respectively. Now they just work.

    Change-Id: Id47515017982850b167d5c637d93b96ae00ba793
    Closes-Bug: #1845530
    Closes-Bug: #1728732

** Changed in: nova

  Versioned discovery endpoint should not require authentication

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  stack@nucle:/opt/stack/cyborg$ openstack endpoint list

+----------------------------------+-----------+--------------+----------------+---------+-----------+-------------------------------------------------+
  | ID                               | Region    | Service Name | Service Type
 | Enabled | Interface | URL                                             |

+----------------------------------+-----------+--------------+----------------+---------+-----------+-------------------------------------------------+
  <snip>
  | 9d483c8a6162422282514191683751cb | RegionOne | nova         | compute
 | True    | public    | http://192.168.218.28/compute/v2.1              |
  <snip>

  stack@nucle:/opt/stack/cyborg$ curl http://192.168.218.28/compute/v2.1
  {"error": {"message": "The request you have made requires authentication.",
"code": 401, "title": "Unauthorized"}}

  Discovery endpoints should not require authentication.

  (I'm still looking for the doc that contains this edict; but ask
  mordred or anyone on the api-sig.)