Public bug reported:

We are hitting this kernel issue due to a DHCP agent CHECKSUM rule that
is probably obsolete/not needed:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1840619

Upgrading the kernel is one workaround, but more disruptive, especially
since still using CentOS7, and kernel fix only made it into 4.19. We
should just remove this rule altogether. As per the kernel issue:

"The changes are limited only to users which have CHECKSUM rules enabled
in their iptables configs. Openstack commonly configures such rules on
deployment, even though they are not necessary, as almost all packets
have their checksum calculated by NICs these days, and CHECKSUM is only
around to service old dhcp clients which would discard UDP packets with
empty checksums.

This commit was selected for upstream -stable 4.18.13, and has made its
way into bionic 4.15.0-58.64 by LP #1836426. There have been no reported
problems and those kernels would have had sufficient testing with
Openstack and its configured iptables rules.

If any users are affected by regression, then they can simply delete any
CHECKSUM entries in their iptables configs."

I can see the metadata agent's CHECKSUM rule was alreayd removed last year:
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/commit/04e995be9898ceaa009344509dc16ca7f589d814

Is there any reason the DHCP agent's was not? Is it safe to just remove
this function and where it is invoked from altogether?

https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/agent/linux/dhcp.py#L1739
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/cb55643a0695ebc5b41f50f6edb1546bcc676b71/neutron/agent/linux/dhcp.py#L1691

** Affects: neutron

  DHCP Agent's iptables CHECKSUM rule causes  skb_warn_bad_offload
  kernel