Public bug reported:

we are having 2 compute nodes and we want to
those 2 compute nodes using nfs to share disk so there are 3 resource providers

compute node1 for cpu/mem
compute node2 for cpu/mem
disk pool for shared storage

now we want to live migrate the VM from compute 1 to compute 2

it's facing this issue

live migration error: No valid host was found. Unable to move instance
a0b9c704-ad31-4be7-8f39-6ccf399807c4 to host kvm4ci10. The instance has
complex allocations on the source host so move cannot be forced

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/scheduler/utils.py#L802

seems this only happen when the live migration dest is specified (not
given the dest is ok)

but live migraiton to given host is a common use case as far as we can tell..

** Affects: nova

  live migration failed with: The instance has complex allocations on