This bug is believed to be fixed in cloud-init in version 22.1. If this
is still a problem for you, please make a comment and set the state back
to New

Thank you.

** Changed in: cloud-init

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  Phone-home documentation is lacking

Status in cloud-init:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  From:
  https://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/modules.html#phone-
  home

  There is no documentation present on how the server receiving the
  phone-home call can expect the data. What fields are present, what
  does each key give the server, what data format is used etc.

  I think this is a problem that should be addressed to make it easier
  for developers, like me, who want to build a server which is phone-
  home'd to by cloud-init. This should be documented, rather than
  require the developer to figure it out by trial and error.

  The provided reporting guidelines do not apply to this bug report, as
  it is not a bug in cloud-init itself.