Public bug reported:

Hi,
I'm currently writing cloud-init scripts for LXD machines.

My plan was to

1. install a package with the packages: config in user-data and
2. then use a binary from this package in a runcmd.

Doesn't work, because runcmd runs before packages, thus the binary is still not
yet existent. Shortly after, it gets successfully installed, but that's too
late.

I did not find anything in the docs about how to run installation
commands after package installation.

regards

** Affects: cloud-init

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  Wrong order between runcmd and packages

Status in cloud-init: