Tracked in Github Issues as https://github.com/canonical/cloud-
init/issues/2494

** Bug watch added: github.com/canonical/cloud-init/issues #2494
   https://github.com/canonical/cloud-init/issues/2494

** Changed in: cloud-init

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  heat-cfntools on Centos7 are about 5 times slower than Centos6

Status in cloud-init:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Hi guys,

       heat-cfntools on Centos7 are about 5 times slower than on Centos6.  I've
looked at an instance
  being spawned and it seems that the slow part is everyting related to rpm
manipulation.
  For instance, listing available packages seems to take forever within the
tools and if I run the
  exact same command, it's instantaneous.  I`m still investigating the issue
but if anybody else
  encoutered this issue, perhaps there's already a fix for it somewhere.

  Dave